When testing GPS systems completely end-to-end, it is important to include the system’s receiving antenna. GPS Source makes this possible through the GPSRHL18, which provides a self-contained environment rather than needing a whole screening or anechoic room.
The GPSRHL18 is a GPS Source Antenna Hood that provides appropriate GPS signals to the system’s receive antenna. It functions together with an active antenna outdoors and coaxial cable to transmit the signal to the use being tested.
An optional 0dB to 30dB variable attenuator lets the user adjust signal level under the hood.
- Enclosed environment eliminates the requirement to use GPS repeaters
- Versions are available for L1 and L1/L2
- 0 to 30dB variable attenuation optional (operates with in-line voltage)
- 8.75-inch diameter internal hood
- Eccosorb SF 1.5 lining standard
- Operates in a wide range of temperatures
|Frequency Range:||1570 to 1580 MHz|
|Output Impedance:||50 Ohm|
|DC Output V:||7.5 to 12 VDC|
|Current:||Variable attenuated 1 mA (optional)|
|Size:||5.02 inches wide|
|Operating Temperature:||-40 °C to +85 °C|
|Options:||Three types of connectors|
The GPSRHL18 antenna hood from GPS Source can be ordered through TerrisGPS. Please feel free to send us your inquiry using the Request Pricing form if you would like to know more about this hood.